Tuesday, December 21, 2004

stranger by the day

stranger by the day

a song by fastball once had a line that went....the exit to eternal summer slacking....
where oh where does it lie?

haha...that has nothing to do with my post today but it does make u wonder if something like that really does exist rite? well today i had something as close to slacking as i can ever get...(okay okay i'm grossly exaggerating ) but it really felt more carefree than usual lah.

been relishing the free time that i've had...but at the same time i feel like my evenings are empty. human beings...they never will be satisfied with wat they have. but i think i've really screwed up my social life. i get isolated from everyone cos of rehearsals. then, when i do catch up with them and finally things get back to normal...i start the whole rehearsal process again.

it renders me socially-retarded (borrowed that term from someone..hehe) when getting to know people (even those who really intrigue me) and leaves me frustrated. almost all the time. irritating ain't it. some ppl think i think i'm too good to get things started.

the truth is, i'm just shy.

yes dear readers, you read it right. i have this crippling inability to be too friendly with ppl i juz meet....i would find it weird if i was. dun get me wrong, i will still smile, and try to make small talk...but thats where it stops. i cant go on yakking my whole life story to a poor soul who i juz got to know. thats juz cruel. believe me, i've had ppl do that to me before...the horror!

so to anyone reading this...if i ever seem like i'm purposely ignoring you (that is if i know u lah) please dun take it to heart. juz smile and i'll smile back (cos i'm afraid if i smiled first, you wouldnt remember me..haha paiseh rite) or maybe i.

for those who know me...and think that this is a fabrication of my fastasy funland (meaning adib's brain)...i assure u deep down i am shy and sensitive and like walkin on beaches as the sun sets over a greenish-blue lagoon ......i really like doing stuff like that. really. serious..i not bluff you. i am swearing upon myself true all this is........ really.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long